Carisbrooke-1 Product Update
Product Update UI
A visual overhaul and a better way of naming updates.
View keywords being searched in real-time.
Several resolutions and bug fixes.
New Product Update System
SWG & UTM
More flexibility on what to update and when, the interface has been overhauled in the Product Update System pages.
Once Carisbrooke-1 (Main 95) is installed you'll see a completely new Product Update Page: System > Maintenance > Updates & Releases
Update Delivery Changes
Product naming has changed to differentiate between major and minor updates.
Release: A major update containing new features and has a castle name. Update: A minor update containing security updates and bug fixes which adds a numbered suffix to the release. E.g. Carisbrooke-1
The moment you install Carisbrooke-1. you will have instant access to the Carisbrooke-2 update.
Real-Time Search Log Viewer
SWG & UTM
The new log viewer provides views of keywords searched in real-time, allowing for instant intervention for problematic behaviour.
You'll find the new Search Terms Log Viewer at: Logs and Reports > Realtime > Search Terms
- 8595 Smoothwall L2TP now supports more than one IP on an external interface
- 8623 Smoothwall is now compatible with UPS (via SNMP)
- 8584 Addition of Entrust root CA which uses same subject as an existing intermediate certificate
- 8640 Improved support for Cisco SCCP phones
- 8666 Emails containing two double quotes now detected correctly by Anti-Spam
- 8689 Multi-tenant filtering policies for different tenants can now be enabled at the same time
Carrisbrooke-1 and 2 brings major changes to the way updates are delivered, this new more flexible system will allow the smoothwall ecosystem to grow into the future. As always feedback is welcomed so please post any comments on our UserVoice portal.