Offender Monitoring Analyst
Location: Leeds or Hybrid
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Join us and develop cutting-edge software solutions that help keep children safe online.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an Offender Monitoring Behaviour Analyst to join our team to review incidents detected by the eSafe monitoring application, identify risks and breaches of Sexual Harm Prevention Orders and escalate these appropriately. The work requires a keen eye for detail and an ability to work at pace whilst making accurate decisions.
You may be expected to work shifts including days, nights and weekends. This role is a great opportunity for an IT literate person looking for a break into Cyber Safety or into a technology company.
Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Undertake a six-month training period to understand the product, service and reviewing process
- Review content detected by the application to assess category and risk level
- Provide accurate written reports and escalate these to offender managers within police forces
- Call the offender managers when required to advise of high-risk activity
- Keep up to date with news and applications, websites and trends
Who we are?
As the K-12 market leader, Smoothwall provides cutting edge, on-premise and cloud-based technology for UK schools, colleges and MATs to keep their students safe online. We exist to protect and support every child’s digital journey by leveraging industry-leading technology to protect 18,000 schools and over 10 million students worldwide. With our UK head office in Leeds, our parent company, Family Zone Cyber Safety is headquartered in Australia, with operations throughout the US and New Zealand, we’ve grown fast and employ over 350 people. We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far …and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
What will you bring?
- An interest/experience of working in safeguarding/crime prevention/the welfare and well-being of young people and adults
- A good understanding of the English language and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Very IT literate with a good knowledge of social media and online applications
- Quick decision-making skills
- An ability to remain calm and empathetic when under pressure or dealing with difficult situations
- A strong work ethic and ability to stay focused for extended periods
- Strong team player with the ability to work on own initiatives with creative ability to solve problems
- Previous experience of working with sensitive information
- Previous experience of monitoring and analysing behaviours
- Passionate about safeguarding and managing risk
- A strong team player
- Focussed on a culture of continuous improvement
- And have a high attention to detail while meeting quality and productivity goals
Why choose Smoothwall?
In this role, you can expect:
- Employee share scheme
- Enhanced holiday and family leave
- Tech allowance
- Zone-out days
- And much more
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose…
We exist to protect and support every child’s digital journey. So whatever you do here, that’s your job. Every line of code you release, every meeting you attend, it’s all to empower parents and schools to help children thrive. It feels good to do good.
- With people who care…
You’ll work with motivated, curious, talented people who love solving problems and moving the dial. Our team knows the importance of what we do and we care about growing and winning together. You do too? Come and join us.
- Through work that you love…
We don’t do boredom or ‘same old’, we try new things, ask questions, challenge and discover new solutions. Here, your voice will be heard, your ideas will be shared, and you’ll be encouraged to try, fail, learn and go again. Because that’s how we win.
- And a career that you own…
We move fast. We need to, to keep children safe online. That means no passengers. It also means no one’s just a number. Here, you’ll be supported to take ownership and make things happen. That’s a huge opportunity. Come and grow your skills, your impact and your career.
Sound like you?
Tell us about yourself. Send your CV and covering letter to:
Shortlisting will commence immediately.