QA Test Analyst
Location: Leeds or Hybrid
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Join us and develop cutting-edge software solutions that help keep children safe online.
What’s the opportunity?
Our team in Leeds are rolling out multiple new products and features. We need a strong Senior QA Engineer, with experience with automation testing, to join our team of dedicated Test Engineers. We need someone to help support our test automation, DevOps process, and development projects. As part of our engineering team, you’ll play a key role in supporting our mission of creating safe online environments in which children can thrive.
You won’t be bored and you’ll know that your work is truly important for keeping our wheels turning. You’ll be working across a hybrid delivery model on exciting projects that make a real-life impact on our children’s digital journeys
Here’s how you’ll do it:
- You’ll work as an Automation Tester within an Azure Cloud Environment
- You’ll manage & support creating automated tests for User Stories
- Create Automation tests within Gauge with Taiko for front end automation
- Create API and database automation tests using Gauge and related Node packages
- Work within a development team using an Agile Process which includes taking part in the Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, refinement sessions, planning & retrospectives
- You’ll be part of a larger testing team working remotely but with the option to work from the Leeds office
Who we are?
As the K-12 market leader, Smoothwall provides cutting edge, on-premise and cloud-based technology for UK schools, colleges and MATs to keep their students safe online. We exist to protect and support every child’s digital journey by leveraging industry-leading technology to protect 18,000 schools and over 10 million students worldwide. With our UK head office in Leeds, our parent company, Family Zone Cyber Safety is headquartered in Australia, with operations throughout the US and New Zealand, we’ve grown fast and employ over 350 people. We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far …and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
What will you bring?
- You’ll have exceptional experience as an Automation Tester, specifically API, database and UI testing
- You’ll have great experience working within an agile development process
- You’ll have an understanding of Cloud technologies
- Ideally, experience testing Microservices
- Ideally have some experience with non-functional testing
- Ideally some experience with Taiko and Gauge but not essential
- A background in Testing with ideally some Automation Testing skills
- Good attention to detail with the ability to listen, understand, react appropriately and solve issues as they come through. You’ll be a calm person.
- A passion for testing and development
- The ability to be an integral part of a successful testing team where you will be a major contributor
Why choose Smoothwall?
In this role, you can expect:
- Employee share scheme
- Enhanced holiday and family leave
- Tech allowance
- Zone-out days
- And much more
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose…
As part of our Engineering team, your work truly matters. Your contribution will enable our team members to deliver real-world results for children, their families and the wider community.
- With people who care…
You’ll work with motivated, curious, talented people who love solving problems and moving the dial. Our team knows the importance of what we do and we care about growing and winning together. You do too? Come and join us.
- Through work that you love…
We don’t do boredom or ‘same old’, we try new things, ask questions, challenge and discover new solutions. Here, your voice will be heard, your ideas will be shared, and you’ll be encouraged to try, fail, learn and go again. Because that’s how we win.
- And a career that you own…
We move fast. We need to, to keep children safe online. That means no passengers. It also means no one’s just a number. Here, you’ll be supported to take ownership and make things happen. That’s a huge opportunity. Come and grow your skills, your impact and your career.
Sound like you?
Tell us about yourself. Send your CV and covering letter to:
Shortlisting will commence immediately.