Location: Leeds or Remote
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Join us and develop cutting-edge software solutions that help keep children safe online.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Software Engineer at Smoothwall, you’ll get to design, develop, test and deploy highly scalable cloud based software solutions that matter. Working across our backend APIs and our client side code, you’ll make changes that will directly benefit 10 million users in schools and homes around the globe. You’ll be an active participant in agile ceremonies, and will collaborate with an excellent, motivated and curious development team who love solving problems and moving the dial.
What will you bring?
- You’ll be experienced in writing software in a range of languages, with your key skills being within .Net Core, C#, and Angular 10+
- You’ll be able to demonstrate some experience of managing projects (small, medium or large), branches and releases over large code bases with GIT
- You’ll have some experience in developing solutions natively in MS Azure, not just Azure hosted websites
- You’ll have a good understanding of DevOps, experience of release engineering and what it means to use CI/CD and RESTful web-services
- You’ll be open-minded, curious and able to apply transferable skills and pick up new languages and frameworks to find new ways forward
- You’ll put yourself in the customer’s shoes when thinking about a solution
- You’ll be accountable and own your work, AND be a great team player
- Most importantly, you’ll really care about the work you do and why it matters
Who are we?
As the K-12 market leader, Smoothwall provides cutting edge, on premise and cloud-based technology for UK schools to keep their students safe online. We exist to protect and support every child’s digital journey by leveraging industry-leading technology to protect 18,000 schools and close to 10 million students worldwide. With our UK head office in Leeds, our parent company, Family Zone Cyber Safety is headquartered in Australia, with operations throughout the US and New Zealand. We’ve grown fast and employ over 350 people. We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far …and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
Why choose Smoothwall?
In this role, you can expect:
- Hybrid or remote working
- Competitive salary, including company shares with ownership over your own career development
- Working with some of the newest and most exciting tech stacks available, including plenty of complexity and challenge.
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose…
As a developer here, your work truly matters. Your skills, knowledge and ideas will all help children stay safe online. It feels good to do good.
- With people who care…
Our developers are amazing! They’re also amazingly supportive. We all take ownership of our work, end to end. And at the same time, we really care about growing and winning together.
- Through work that you love…
You’ll get to work on technology and data scaling challenges for a global customer base. And you’ll be exposed to modern technologies and processes, in a fast-paced and supportive learning environment.
- And a career that you own.
This role offers so many opportunities to expand your skills and grow your career. You’ll get to attend local software conferences, paid for by us. And as you step up and take ownership to make things happen, you’ll carve out an incredible career.
We’d love you to apply, even if you don’t have experience with our entire tech stack. We’re pro-learning, good engineering and coding paradigms, rather than specific tools.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Sound like you?
Tell us about yourself. Send you CV and covering letter to: