Location: Leeds or Hybrid
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Join us and develop cutting-edge software solutions that help keep children safe online.
What’s the opportunity?
As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll work with a high performing team to ensure that families, schools and partners who use our cyber safety software get the best out of our product. You’ll collaborate with other teams to create and update an excellent user experience for our network of over 3 million users in homes and schools around the globe.
Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Gather design requirements in collaboration with our Product Team and Engineers
- Craft well-understood user story flows that communicate our user and business needs for new and existing features
- Produce UX wireframes that communicate feasibility requirements
- Deliver high fidelity Figma designs to the Development team
- Contribute to our Design System project, and update existing UI’s to meet brand guidelines
- Make recommendations to Product Owners for improvements to existing UX/UI in the product
- Be across the latest user research and analytics from the team
- Attend and contribute to Agile ceremonies, provide feedback and design estimates to help with planning sprints
- Participate in research initiatives including interviews, surveys, user testing and trials
Who we are?
As the K-12 market leader, Smoothwall provides cutting edge, on-premise and cloud-based technology for UK schools, colleges and MATs to keep their students safe online. We exist to protect and support every child’s digital journey by leveraging industry-leading technology to protect 18,000 schools and over 10 million students worldwide. With our UK head office in Leeds, our parent company, Family Zone Cyber Safety is headquartered in Australia, with operations throughout the US and New Zealand, we’ve grown fast and employ over 350 people. We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far …and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
What will you bring?
- Considerable experience designing interfaces and experiences for software products, ideally a minimum of 2 years
- Be highly competent at using Figma or Sketch
- Have excellent communication skills – be comfortable presenting designs and ideas to stakeholders and developers
- Work well within a team and contribute positively to discussions
- Understand how to document excellent UX flows and user stories
- Have an understanding of how to implement research findings into practical designs
- Have excellent interface design skills that adhere to design principles such as visual hierarchy, creating components that look and feel like part of a branded collection
- Work well as a designer in an Agile team environment following Agile processes
- Familiarity with design systems & 8pt soft grid system
- An understanding of how design translates into code
- Be willing to conduct research to figure out better ways to do things, and talk to our customers
- Recent experience in a similar role across UX
- Figma, Sketch and Adobe
- Wireframing experience
It’s not mandatory but we’d also love to see:
- Degree in a design-related field
- Previous experience with design systems
Why choose Smoothwall?
There’s a place for everyone’s unique skill set within our Design Team. You’ll have the opportunity to refine your skills on the job through a range of exciting Cyber Safety and Technology Projects.
In this role, you can expect:
- Remote working with some on-site customer visits and occasional visits to Leeds office (following sensible pandemic precautions of course)
- The opportunity to work with an amazing engineering team on a life changing product
- Competitive salary, including company shares
- Private health insurance
- Yearly training budget
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose…
As part of our Design team, your work truly matters. Your contribution will enable our team members to deliver real-world results for children, their families and the wider community.
- With people who care…
You’ll work among a close-knit team of like-minded professionals who share your passion for doing a great job and helping others. Your colleagues will be quality-focused, detail-oriented and honest team players. And they’ll expect the same of you.
- Through work that you love…
Every day in our business brings exciting, important challenges. In addition to your day-to-day responsibilities, we’ll be counting on you to constantly think outside the box and always have quality at the forefront of what you do.
- And a career that you own…
This role takes skill, creativity and teamwork. It can also be incredibly rewarding. Here, your efforts will be visible and you’ll love the impact you have.
Sound like you?
Tell us about yourself. Send your CV and covering letter to:
Shortlisting will commence immediately.