Digital Monitoring – 14 questions Ofsted may ask you during an inspection and why
Monitoring can have an impact on many different aspects of an Ofsted inspection, so it’s important to understand the kind of questions they may ask you to ensure you are prepared.
Below is a handy list of 14 questions Ofsted could ask and why:
- Is safeguarding practice effective in implementation?
- How often is your school/college’s safeguarding policies and related policies reviewed?
- Are your leaders aware of how to identify and respond to online safety concerns?
- Are your staff trained to identify when a pupil may be at risk of neglect, abuse or exploitation and do they know how to report concerns? Do they evidence those concerns?
- Are your children safe from discrimination and bullying?
- Do your children understand how to stay safe online?
- Do your leaders understand how to identify if children are at risk of County Lines?
- How does your school/college monitor for incidents of peer on peer abuse?
- How effectively does your school/college protect children from extremism and radicalisation?
- Does your DSL have enough time, training and resource to fulfil the demands required of the role?
- Looking at your child protection record, can you tell me how this incident of peer on peer abuse was dealt with in more detail? (Your school will be expected to show a record of incidents, and evidence of how they were acted upon, which external agencies were involved etc.)
- How do your leaders Identify children and learners who may need early help or are at risk of neglect, abuse, grooming or exploitation? (Give examples).