Healthcare organisations need to safe internet access whilst maintaining a great online experience for clinical and non-clinical staff, patients and visitors.
Smoothwall’s web filtering is favoured by the Healthcare sector because of its real-time content-aware analysis. It scans the copy, content and context of every page for unwanted material and has 120 filtering categories which can be used to tailor patients web browsing experience to ensure that harmful content is out of reach.
We understand the unique challenges healthcare organisations face
Our web filtering solutions are designed to provide a custom, safe and secure internet access which also has benefits for both patient rehabilitation and staff welfare.
Combined with our safeguarding suite, guest WiFi capability and other features, we can provide tailored solution for every type of healthcare organisation.
We’re proud to support over 100,000 NHS staff, 28 Trusts and 2 Commissioning Support Units.
- Granular categorisation
Allows the application of different filtering rulesets per user group, providing multiple levels of categorisation for clinical and non-clinical staff members based on the need to access sensitive data. Block or unblock particular categories based on the need to access sensitive data.
- Bandwidth managementMake the most of your bandwidth with the ability to limit by policy, minimising the impact media and file sharing can cause, without the need to fully block services.
- Application controlOur application control allows you to filter against particular mobile apps by identifying over 100 common application protocols and enables you to allow or block them.
- Audit level reportingWith full visibility of web activity on your network, you can provide information governance reports and any freedom of information requests, in real time by using any of the 300 report templates included in the Smoothwall range.
- Safeguarding reportsOur safeguarding suite provides reports on any online activity of staff and patients which may have raised concern against any one of our 7 safeguarding categories, including suicide, substance abuse and radicalisation.
- Guest Wi-Fi authenticationEnsuring your patients and guests are authenticated provides safe and secure access to the web, which can even help support patient rehabilitation.